Medication management services at LaPaz Community Mental Health Center are offered as part of our commitment to an integrative approach to mental health treatment.
The program is overseen by our Board Certified Medical Director Dr. Marlon Quinones, who brings on board over 17 years of Psychiatric experience.
Research shows that treatment for many disorders is more effective when it includes psychotherapy, medication management, and a variety of wellness and self-care measures. Medication can be a crucial part of treatment for many people, allowing them to better care for themselves and access skills learned in psychotherapy.
Services we offer:
- Psychopharmacology consultations
- Evaluations, and ongoing management
- Group therapy (facilitated by a licensed therapist)
- Individual and/or family counseling, as needed
- Medication management by a Board Certified Psychiatrist and Supervised Licensed Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Clients may already be on medication prescribed by a primary care or other psychiatric prescriber and wishing to consolidate their treatment into one practice, or they may be working with our Clinicians and interested in finding out if medication might be a helpful part of their treatment. Adult clients are welcome to seek psychopharmacology services at LaPaz Community Health Center.
Medication management is available for mental health conditions including:
- Anxiety and depressive disorders
- Sleep problems
- Bipolar disorder and many other concerns
- Schizophrenia and Schizoaffective disorder
Group Topics include:
- Stress Management
- Medication Management
- Anger Management
- Identifying Coping skills
- Obstacles and Barriers to Mental Wellness
- Emotions and Behaviors
- Problem Solving
- Increasing self-awareness
- Illness Management
- Education on numerous topics including mental health diagnosis and medications
* Initial medication consultation or evaluation first two visits: 45 minutes
* Follow up visits for Medication Management are required
* 30 minutes in length
* Every 4-8 weeks at the beginning of treatment
*Then every 4-8 weeks depending on the client’s needs.
LaPaz Community Health Center is glad to be able to offer medication services within the context of our overall integrative approach to mental health.
Clients will be seen for medication management and psychotherapy on two separate appointment.
Visits are required at least once a monthly depends on their current needs.
Our psychopharmacology treatment model, will address your sleep habits, diet, exercise, and patterns of relaxation and recreation on a regular basis.
If indicated, lab work requests and referrals to other specialists are made, prescriptions can be provided during our clients visits and may have 1-2 refills authorized depending on the medication and the client’s stage of treatment.
Psychostimulants require new prescriptions each month, which may be picked up at our office if visits are not occurring monthly.
To Schedule an Appointment, please call 210-697-5700